Optimal results on social media don’t just happen by accident. Different platforms have different optimal image sizes. This guide will help you to make the most of your posts.
If you want to get attention on LinkedIn, adding an image to compliment your article is a great way to do it.
- Your LinkedIn profile picture should be 400 x 400 pixels
- Your cover image should be 1584 x 396 pixels
- Your company page cover should be 1536 x 768 pixels
- Your feed and sponsored content should be 1200 x 627 pixels
Don’t limit yourself to just a few characters, you can use your Twitter to promote your business with accompanying images.
- Your Twitter profile picture should be 400 x 400 pixels
- Your cover image should be 1500 x 500 pixels
- Your feed content should be 1024 x 512 pixels
- Your Twitter Card and sponsored content should be 800 x 320 pixels
Instagram is all about beautiful images. If you use it well, it can be used as an effective communication tool.
- Your Instagram profile picture should be 110 x 110 pixels
- Your square (landscape) content should be 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Your oblong (portrait) content should be 1080 x 1350 pixels
- Your feed and ad content should be 1080 x 1920 pixels
Many businesses use Facebook, so making sure that your content stands out will be easier if you follow the guidelines for content size.
- Your Facebook profile picture should be 180 x 180 pixels
- Your cover image should be 820 x 312 pixels
- Note, as your profile picture appears as an overlay on your cover picture, you should check that the colours and images work together and the position of the overlay is not blocking a vital part of the cover image
- Your feed content should be 940 x 788 pixels
- Your feed ad and shared link content should be 1200 x 628 pixels
- Your Facebook stories content should be 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Your Facebook event cover image should be 1920 x 1080 pixels
Before you start vlogging, take a moment to adjust your image sizes so your professional quality work can be seen at its best.
- Your channel icon should be 800 x 800 pixels
- Your channel art should be 2560 x 1440 pixels
- Your video content should be 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Your YouTube video thumbnails should be 1280 x 720 pixels
While it isn’t a social media platform, may people search for the physical location of a business.
- Your Google Maps business page image should be 1024×1024 pixels
Taking the extra time to resize your images will help your brand image. Images that are the correct size and clarity look sharp, professional and consistent.