Digital marketing is vital to the success of any business today. While the success of different types of content differs regionally, there are some accepted digital marketing norms that all businesses that want to succeed in the coming year should adopt.
In a recent study, it was shown that 55% of pages that ranked in Google’s top searches have a video embedded. Video content is a great way to connect with your audience and promote your brand. Visual content can appeal to your market in a way that written content doesn’t, and it gives you space to do this fast.
Platforms such as YouTube and Instagram have been proven effective and in the past year, the numbers of vloggers have risen dramatically.
- Video content allows you to appeal to your audience creatively.
- You can show how your product/s can be used.
- You can communicate without language barriers using quality imagery.
- You can guide traffic to your site through video content on other platforms.
People are gravitating to voice searches, and Google is responding by improving their Google assist algorithms. It has been predicted that by 2020, 50% of all online searches will be conducted by voice search.
To ensure that your site is in the top rankings you need:
- Quality content that is written in a specific format. Short paragraphs of about 60 words, which means that Google assist picks up your content in a search.
- To write a question as a subheading (ensure your web designer does this using the correct HTML). Then ensure you answer the question a short paragraph following the question, Google assistant faces questions from users, and if it is your question that is asked, it is more likely to find the answer on your site and place it in the top search results.
If you want to appeal to a broad market, it is important to understand that not all of your potential customers or clients are English-speaking. Think about where you want your business to go. If you are wanting to expand into India, providing content in Hindi would mean tapping into a large market that is rapidly uptaking Internet access. However, you don’t necessarily need to create content in different languages.
- If your original content is well written, you can apply a plugin for translation.
- You can use infographics.
- Visual communication, such as quality photographs, can communicate as effectively as your written content, it need not be only complementary to your text.
- Focus on your market and research trends in the region to ensure that you are culturally aware and appealing to the right audience.
This year promises to see a rise in digital marketing options and audiences will decide the direction that advertising, marketing and content will take by how they interact with different content types.
It is no longer enough to have a website and social media page. If you want your business to succeed in a busy market place, you need to have a digital content strategy that considers multiple options in order to reach your audience.